The Oregon Trail, The Pioneers & The Oregon Story
8 am Breakfast! Enjoy a delicious meal in a historic building at Petite Provence on 2nd Street.
9 am Walk off your breakfast with a tour of downtown including:
- Lewis and Clark’s Rock Fort
- Mark off the 15 historic Murals/Billboards painted all around downtown
- Original Fire Museum on 3rd and Court streets
- Carnegie Library building on 4th Street, now The Dalles Art Center.
- Klindt’s Book Sellers (the oldest bookstore west of the Mississippi)
- Breezeway Boutique Antiques, on the west side of Klindt’s.
- Route 30 Bottles & Brews for a pick me up on the East side of Klindt’s
12 pm Freebridge Brewing, located at 710 E. 2nd in the historic Mint Building
1 pm Spend the rest of your day exploring the many historic locations around The Dalles
- The Original Wasco County Courthouse, 410 W 2nd Pl.
- Pulpit Rock, East 12th & Court Streets
- Pioneer Cemetery, 400 Block of East Scenic Dr.
- Sorosis Park, 350 East Scenic Dr.
- Fort Dalles Museum, 500 W. 15th St.
- Rorick House, 300 W. 13th St.
5 pm Enjoy the rest of your evening at the Historic Sunshine Mill Winery, located in the first building in The Dalles to have electricity, at 901 East 2nd St.
6 pm Enjoy dinner and dessert at the Historic Baldwin Saloon, 205 Court St.
8 am Breakfast at Riverenza. Once a home to the Church of Christ, now a comfortable cafe.
9:30 am Head out to the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center to collect more information on our vibrant past, 5000 Discovery Dr.
12 pm Cross The Dalles bridge and head up to Maryhill. Stop for lunch at the Maryhill Winery.
1 pm Explore the history rich landscape around Maryhill at the following locations:
4 pm Head home after a weekend chock full of history in the sunny part of the Columbia River Gorge, the first National Scenic Area.