Fish The Dalles
Explore The Dalles and enjoy world class Walleye, Salmon and Trout fishing in Columbia River Gorge.
Hooked on The Dalles
When To Go ...
- April – October – Smallmouth bass fishing (Columbia River and John Day River)
- April – October – Salmon fishing in the Columbia River
- June – early July – Shad Fishing on the Columbia River below the John Day Dam
- May – September – Northern Pike Minnow Sport Reward Fishing
- May – Rufus Catfish Derby
- May – Channel Catfish can be caught in the lower part of the John Day from the mouth to the falls
- Sturgeon fishing (catch and release – Year round/ catch and keep – varies)
- Walleye fishing (Columbia River) – Year round
- Trout Fishing – Year Round check here for stocked ponds
After You’ve Reeled In The Big One !
After a long day on the river, anglers can swap tales about ‘the big one that got away’ at one of The Dalles’ popular drinking holes, such as Zim’s Brau Haus, Route 30 Bottles & Brews, Freebridge Brewing, Sedition Brewing Co, Bargeway Pub, Baldwin Saloon, Clock Tower Ales and River Tap. Wine-lovers can head over to Sunshine Mill, Tierra de Lobos, Jacob Williams, or Gorge Wine Library for a post-adventure toast.